Sunday, October 7, 2007

5 Things

  • The forecast high for Pittsburgh, PA for October 8th, 2007 is currently 88 degrees. This is simply absurd. Autumn shines in this area ever-so-briefly. I feel like myself, my loved ones, and the entire region is being robbed. I haven't worn a hooded sweatshirt in 4 days. This needs to change and change very very soon.
  • Over the first four weeks of this NFL season, the underdogs have gone 28-14-4. This is more absurd than the fact that it's going to be 88 degrees here on monday. Is parody truly a good thing when it means that any team can win on any given week simply because 26 of the 32 professional football teams potentially suck? The gambling implications drive me insane. Sure...the unpredictable nature of the sport right now might make for some fun regular season games and some interesting/frustrating fantasy football weeks...but we all know there are only 3, maybe 4 teams out there that could win the Super Bowl. Then again, who cares? Root for your home team and put money on any home underdog if they are getting more than 3 1/2 points.
  • If you have the desire and time sometime in the near future, read 'After Apple Picking' and 'Mending Wall' by Robert Frost.
  • Reeses Pieces are outstanding anytime. But they were essentially made for Halloween. Orange, Yellow, and Brown? Come on!
  • It's been 5 years since the first batch of my friends got married. That not only makes me feel old, it fills me with amazement at the realization that I stood by them during such a big time in their life, while I was in a period of my life that didn't include the mildest responsibility or any of the burdens of maturation. I've grown up some. And I wouldn't have asked to be in any other place back then, and I wouldn't ask to be in any other place right now. Cheers.

No comments: