Monday, April 30, 2007

Some Late April Links


As another semester comes to a close, I offer you the people a peace offering of sorts...a bunch of links to kill some time until Mike Tomlin tells the people of Pittsburgh why the Steelers traded up in the 4th round to draft a punter!!!

* I cannot tell you how much I love this website. Phil B, if you are reading right now, this website was MADE for you. Play simulated games between past and present sports teams (including the NHL, MLB, NFL, NBA, & NCAA basketball). There are even dynasty options for college football and college basketball. After each simulation, there is a complete box score, an option to read the entire play by play of the game, along with the option of printing out the box score and saving the game. The NHL simulations include every detail down to ice time and face-off winning percentage! Again…this website is amazing; perfect for sports fans and stats geeks alike. I just played the 2006-2007 Pittsburgh Penguins against the 1996-1997 Hartford Whalers. The Penguins won 5-1 with goals from Crosby, Roberts, Staal, Gonchar, and Ouellet. The lone Whaler goal went to Kevin Dineen. I wonder how long it would take to get through a 162 game baseball season? I want to find out. The stats! The stats!

* Speaking of hockey...check out Edmonton Oilers prospect Robbie Schremp with some shootout moves that are absolutely sick.

* Tecmo Bowl will never EVER die. Now it can be immortalized in hoodie form.

* Speaking of video games…my friend Chris sent me this link and I’m begging anyone to please buy me this for my birthday, Christmas, or whatever. I’m so glad that the advances in political software and political simulation have come this far. I finally can have the ability to go back and take over the McGovern campaign, and lead him to victory against Nixon in an epic 1972 battle of wills. The entire nation will thank me.

* You gotta see this one link, it’ll change your life, I swear. For all of the Zach Braff fans out there. I mean...come on...silent velcro? What the fuck!?!

* This is a great way to test your web searching abilities. Open up this faux (Ebaumsworld) version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire & open up another window with your search engine of choice. Once the questions become too difficult and esoteric, jump over to the search engine and try to find the answer in 30 seconds. If you need to stall for a few more seconds, use a lifeline. Good times.

* Very long but very good Gonzo’esque article about attending the 119th annual Modern Language Association (MLA) Convention.

* Another fun, time-wasting website sent to me by my friend Rob.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you given up on this blog? No posts in over 6 weeks. What is going On!?

Anonymous said...

This is officially the worst blog on the internet (yes even worse then "The Daily Ramblings of Donald Rumsfeld" blog). Can we at least get one post a month?

Anonymous said...

"worst blog on the net" perhaps not that bad, but getting close. I think your readers deserve something more than a few links every FIVE months!!! take this down if you don't plan on updating at least bi-monthly.